Sometimes it asks me to save the form data

Options

I do not understand why when, sometimes, when I enter the login information for a new site to store 1Password do not ask me, how can I do it?
thanks a lot

stefano

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @riga75,

Would you be able to let us know the exact URL for a site where 1Password didn't prompt you to save a new login? (Not the main site, but the exact URL for the login page of that site.) We'll be happy to test it out on our end to see if we can figure out what's happening.

In general, 1Password should prompt to save a new login as long as it detects a password field. In some cases, such as bank sites with multi-page login systems, a site may only ask for a username on one page, and then ask for a password on the next page. So in an example like that, 1Password wouldn't offer to save a login for the page with just a username. For something like that, you can save a new login manually:

Saving a new Login manually

But if the site(s) you're referring to have a password field, let us know the URL so we can try it out. Thanks!

• mitchmike
    mitchmike
    Community Member
    Options

"1Password4 will prompt you to save the login?" never works. I purchased from Apple App Store. Extension 4.0.1 is installed. I am running Maverick. I have tried everything on the article "1Password fails to fill data" except #6&7 because this is way above my computer expertise. Help please.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mitchmike,

I'm so sorry to hear that 1Password hasn't been prompting to save new Logins for you! Please double-check to ensure that you do have 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' checked off in Preferences > Browsers. :)

This discussion has been closed.