data file backup started overlay hangs

Options

Hello, whenever I launch 1password an overlay appears on my screen, it says:

Backup started
Data file backup started

The problem is that it always stays there all the time, is there any way of either solving this or quitting 1password, that option seems to have been lost on the new version

Cheers

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

That particular "overlay" notification is driven by Growl — a really great tool to use. You can control its appearance via Growl's preferences. I have the Growl icon in my menu bar so I click it and select the "Open Growl Preferences…" option. When the Growl window appears, click on Applications and then click on the 1Password entry in the left-hand pane. Now switch to the Notifications panel and you'll see all the Growl notifications that 1Password can issue. Click on the one named "Data File Backup Started". To the right you'll see controls for this particular notification. My guess is that "Stay On Screen" is set to Always, but if you don't want it at all you can uncheck the entire notification or select a "Stay On Screen" setting of Never. Play around to your heart's content!

• Javier Delgado Esteban
    Options

Marty, yes of course you are right is Growl, apologies. OK I will give that a go, many thanks for the super quick support. Kind Regards

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad I could get you on the right track. No apologies needed… we're all in this together! :)

This discussion has been closed.