Dropbox syncing of 3.8.21 and 4.1.1

Options
jradel
jradel
Community Member

I'm slowly moving through all my Macs and iDevices updating 1Password. My Macs all use the same 1Password.agilekeychain on Dropbox, and the iDevices (now that I've updated them to the latest) once again sync off of Dropbox also.

One Mac's OSX is old enough that I can't update it to 1Password 4.1.1. Nowhere can I find a statement that the keychain format is compatible between 3.8.21 and 4.1.1. Can I upgrade one Mac to 4.1.1. and still sync with the another that is running 3.8.21?

Thanks.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

@jradel Yes, you can still sync back to 1Password 3. :)

From 1Password 3 Upgrade & Migration Questions:

When we look at all the improvements Apple provided in Mountain Lion and the great new features in Mavericks, we were really excited to be able to use all of them. With OS X Mavericks just around the corner, you must be this tall to ride [1Password 4]: OS X Mountain Lion or later.

But fear not! If you are still rocking an older Mac, we’ve got you covered. We know that you store your most important information in 1Password — we do too! — so we made sure you could still use 1Password 3 for Mac on your older Macs if you need to. 1Password 4 for Mac can sync its data with 1Password 3 for Mac using Dropbox so there’s no issue using both. Access all your data, even on Macs that cannot be upgraded to Mountain Lion. Rock on!

1Password 3 for Mac will continue to be supported, and you can download it any time. We would be happy to provide you with a 1Password 3 for Mac license key if you email us. If you purchased 1Password 4 on the Mac App Store, please include a copy of your Mac App Store receipt in your email.

• jradel
    jradel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I obviously hadn't read the right documents.... :-)

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

@jradel Not a problem, there's a lot of 1Password 4 support documents out there. It even took me a few minutes to find that one. :D

This discussion has been closed.