1Password Browser less compatible than the Safari Browser on iPhone

chazzunokuthunuchtec
chazzunokuthunuchtec
Community Member

I used the 1Password browser to navigate to https://icloud.com but the page loaded with an error "Your browser is not supported. To use iCloud, we recommend using the latest version of Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer". I closed 1Password and opened the Safari browser on iPhone and went to https://icloud.com but did not get the error.

System Information:
System: iPhone OS (7.0.4)
1Password Version: 4.3.2
Device Name: iPhone
Locale: en_US

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

If you go to your 1Password settings, the third panel down is for user agent. You could try changing that from the default 1Browser to Safari (iPhone), Safari (iPad) or Safari (Mac). You might give one of them a try and see if you do better. Those settings will notify the target web site of the identity of the browser you are using, which will then become one or another version of Safari. You'll also see that there are options to identify as Chrome or Firefox as well.

• That may have fix it. Nice!! Thank you hawkmoth.
    When I go to 1Password on the iPhone and select settings, I can see and choose 1Browser. In the 1Browser settings I see:
    Auto-submit Logins: On
    Animate Fill: On
    User Agent: 1Browser
    I changed the user agent, as per your recommendation, to Safari (iPhone). I hesitated to use the other user agents because it's operating on an iPhone so I don't see how I could rightly select Safari on iPad or Mac), and I don't have Chrome or Firefox on this iPhone.
    With the user agent set as Safari (iPhone) I still initially got the error, but closed the browser window within the 1Password browser, and had it open a new browser window (still within the 1Password browser), and the error did not happen.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Good. Changing the identification like this won't work on all web sites.

I don't think you should be reluctant to identify as any of the browsers that work. This is just a practical matter of what works in any given case. You can do similar things in most desktop browsers too. I can't think of any reason why a user would care what a web site thought the browser is, so long as you can access what you need to.

This discussion has been closed.