Mini refuses to show [resolved, menu bar overflow]

Options
TripleHjr
TripleHjr
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I have 1PW installed on MBPro and iMac27 and iMac21 in Fla.--I brought MBPro up to Nj where iMac27 is installed--I synch with Dropbox--synch works great between iMac27 and MBPro BUT mini does not show in top menu of MBPro--what am I doing wrong?
Hank

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Hank ( @TripleHjr ).

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password mini icon not showing up in the menu bar on your MacBook Pro. Please check under Preferences… > General in 1P4 to make sure that the Always keep 1Password mini running option is enabled there. Also try restarting 1Password mini and see it that helps, maybe after first restarting your system. If 1P mini icon is still missing after that please let me know!

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Sjk--on MBPro I "restarted 1PW mini" which just logged me out--so I quit 1PW and restarted my system--launched 1PW--put in Master Password--went to prefs>General>"always keep mini running" was already checked as was show in Menu--but still no joy!--no icon in upper menu--but I do have what looks like an anomaly--I have 13 logins as I do on the iMac27--but when I go to "passwords" I have 6--I have 3 for Safari (on both machines) that were created Nov 25, Dec 5, Dec 10---also one for "no active app" created Dec 2--is this creating a conflict for 1PW?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @TripleHjr.

From the symptoms you've described it looks like something is keeping 1P mini from running normally. So we can determine exactly what that is and how to fix it please email a Diagnostics Report from your MacBook Pro; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent diagnostic report of MBPro with 1PW Mac version 4.0.8 installed--Hank

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the report, Hank ( @TripleHjr ). We've received it okay and will follow up with you more about this though email.

One other thing here: could you please install the 4.1 update and let me know if that resolves the problem?

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

no joy--installed 4.1 update-quit app---repaired permissions (oldtime Apple user) then restarted system--mini is checked in General prefs but nothing shows in top Menu--Hank

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello again from here, @TripleHjr. :)

I'm sorry the 4.1 update didn't resolve this. Another suggestion before switching over to email:

• Try disabling the Animate form filling option under Preferences… > Browser.
  • TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

no joy--I forgot to tell you I do get the "key" in the Safari menu bar just to left of + sign and URL area on top line of Safari--Hank

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Drats, @TripleHjr. Of course there's no giving up until we've found the joy. :)

And here's another thing to try:

• Toggle the Show mini app icon in the menu bar option off and on under Preferences… > General, closely watching your menu bar for any change while doing that.
  • TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I just figured out that the Dropbox icon also does not show in the MBPro menu bar--I used the 1PW list to try to go to Dropbox and find I have 2 Dropbox accts listed and neither will let me in to Dropbox--both are "invalid" either email or password--I am using same email as on iMac27 to left of laptop--here in my office--

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

nothing from toggling mini on and off--

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @TripleHjr. Thanks for giving that a try. Switching this over to email now …

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

We solved this!!--the MBPro 15 inch only has so much real estate at top Menu area--I was using a third party app--Menu Meters which shows CPU activity--my MBP is an Intel i7 with 7 processors which took up most of top Menu to left of Network and Bluetooth icons--as soon as I unchecked "show CPU in top Menu" the icon for Mini and Dropbox appeared!--

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @TripleHjr.

Great to hear Jamie was able to help you figure out that menu bar overflow problem. Thanks for mentioning it back here.

This is my favorite menu bar utility:

Bartender | Mac Menu Bar Item Control

That'll give you some extra room for MenuMeters in the main menu bar. :)

This discussion has been closed.