Problem syncing across machines using dropbox

Options
mikeL
mikeL
Community Member

I changed my master password on my macbook earlier today, which is synced using dropbox, along with mac pro and iPhone. When I changed the password, the change was immediately taken on by my iPhone. However, on using my Mac Pro, although all saved logins etc have updated, the master password hasn't. I can't find any way to force ann update, so how do i get these in sync, or back in sync?

Thanks

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikeL,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! Normally, your Master Password should sync to all computers/devices when you change it on one. However, there is a known issue that can prevent the new master password from syncing to your other Mac. Our developers are aware of this and are working on a fix.

For now, the workaround is to manually change the Master Password on your other Mac to match the new one.

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble here. Our developers are working on getting this fixed soon!

• Mike Cherry
    Mike Cherry
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have the same problem. I change the master password on a mac, call it #1. However I notice the old password still worked on my other macs and iPhone. Now I've forgotten the password on #1. How do I get #1 to tell me in with the old. I tried renaming the preference files that I found on your site to restart with the iCloud vault, but it doesn't want the old password. That is I think its still remembering that "new" password. How to remove everything and start over on mac #1?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Mike.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with a Master Password on one of your Macs ("mac #1").

I tried renaming the preference files that I found on your site to restart with the iCloud vault,

Do you remember where you found those instructions on our site? The Starting over guide doesn't mention iCloud.

So we can best suggest what you can do on "mac #1" to access your 1Password data please email us a Diagnostics Report from that Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.