Feature request: Order matching logins in pulldown by usage frequency.

Options
Lehni
Lehni
Community Member

I have 23 Google Apps accounts that I manage with 1Password, two of which are my actual email accounts. It would be great if 1Password could remember the ones I always select from the list and show these first, rather than offer me the alphabetical list where the least likely ones happen to be at the top in my case, and the ones I actually need require me to expand the list first each time,

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

That would be a great addition, IMO too.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Lehni.

Thanks for the request (and your vote, @hawkmoth). Here's a similar one:

Suggestion for Smarter Search (learning)

From @MikeT's reply:

I'll make sure we have this on our list for future of 1Password.

It could be nice if 1PW could be a bit more like Spotlight, remembering which logins are used most frequently is another.

You mentioned:

I have 23 Google Apps accounts … two of which are my actual email accounts. … and the ones I actually need require me to expand the list first each time,

If you'd prefer Login items for those email accounts at the top of the list a workaround is giving them titles so they'll be sorted there. For instance, with this original sorting I'd prefer AgileBits D at the top:

Now it is after being retitled:

Or retitle them uniquely enough so a minimal number of characters will locate them with a search.

This can be preferable to usage frequency sorting because it's more predictable, not a victim of this:

The biggest UX concern we have is muscle memory, changing the position of Logins all the time because of how you used the items may be more annoying than keeping a static list. We'll see what we can do here.

We're certainly not dismissing the idea. :)

This discussion has been closed.