Installing 1PW4 does not recognize data from 1PW3.9

Options
dgoldy
dgoldy
Community Member

I am following help info, have removed 1PW3 browser extension (Firefox), install program does not recognize 3.9 presence or allow me to install as a prior user. If I just setup as a new user, older data not recognized.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @dgoldy.

I'm sorry that 1P4 is having trouble finding your 1Password data that was used with 1P3. Which versions of 1P4 and OS X are you running? If you still have the 1P3 app installed can you still see all your 1Password data when running it? And is if configured to use Dropbox syncing? Also, how far along have you gotten in 1P4? Did you set up a new, empty vault already?

Thanks in advance for answers to those questions. It will help us get a better idea of where your 1Password data for 1P3 currently is and how to get 1P4 to find it.

And if you'd like to to send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having this problem we'll help you resolve it through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.