Comparison with iOS version

ashleyk
ashleyk
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Android

I don't have an iPad or iPhone to test myself with 1Password but how closely will the Android version be in terms of functionality? I guess it can’t have a browser extension like the desktop versions but I just checked out the iOS version on the Agile site and saw it has a built in web browser, which would be a fantastic feature to include on the Android platform.

It's already a good jump forward though compared to the old reader and I was pleased to see the inclusion of categories and favourites like on the Mac desktop version. It works smoothly and has an attractive interface without undue lag on my phone at least.

Comments

• Colleen Bell
    Colleen Bell
    Community Member

I'm glad I found this page. I'm a long time 1Password user also. I can't remember my iMac not having it. I just bought my first smartphone, a Moto X (great phone btw) I'll be looking forward to updates on this topic. Thanks!

• ashleyk
    ashleyk
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

I think you'll love the Moto X Colleen. I'm also a first time smartphone user having recently bought the cheaper Moto G and I really like it. You should definitely try the 1Password beta for Android. It syncs beautifully via Dropbox with my Mac.

• Hi @ashleyk and Colleen, I've moved this post into the Android beta forum as it got missed in the stable Android forum. To add a belated answer to your question, our development team is currently looking at ways to expand browser functionality within the 1Password beta. Stay tuned for improvements on that front.

This discussion has been closed.