Licences and restrictions

Options
chickenlegs
chickenlegs
Community Member

I have been using the trial version of 1Password for Mac for a few weeks now and the programme appears to function without any restrictions after the completion of the trial period. I am using: Version 4.1.2.BETA-1 (412001)
I am prompted to, when I access the licence section in "about 1Password": "Purchase the licence to access all 1Password features"... there don't appear to be any features restricted. Is this because I am using the BETA version?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Yes and no LOL

The last I heard the team hadn't yet flipped the switch on limitations. I could be wrong as it has been a bit since I saw the post in passing. But by your description it does indeed seem to indicate they have not yet flipped it.

Secondly, There has been some discussion about the betas and the licensing etc. I have not seen any recent posts on it. But I have been a little more busy with my normal day job and have not been able to follow the forums as much as I like the last couple of weeks. I would assume this is a 2 edged sword the users may get an extended trial (not bad) and the developers get more fish to try and work out some lingering bugs.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @chickenlegs.

You've still got some time before 4.1.2.BETA-1 expires. From @dteare's post:

We only allow betas to be run for 25 days before requiring an upgrade …

I hope that and other information from @thightower is helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.