Sync appears to be broken with iOS 7 and iPassword 4.3.2 using iCloud

donmontalvo
donmontalvo
Community Member

There are some threads pointing to 4.3.1 as the fix, but sync hasn't worked for me since iOS 7 was released.

Sync is the reason I bought 1Password, hopefully I won't have to start looking for an alternate solution.

Especially as I paid for the iOS/OSX bundle. :)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donmontalvo,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting synced up. I've got a few basic things that we'll need to confirm before we can get into the more serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that you are logged in to the same iCloud account on all computers and devices
    • Check that iCloud is enabled on all devices

Once you've confirmed that, please restart both your computer and your iOS devices. Now, if sync still isn't working, we'll need to find out where things are getting lost. Please create a test entry on both your Mac and your iOS device. (Call one "test, Mac" and the other "test, iOS", just to keep things straight). Wait 20 minutes to give iCloud a good chance to get things synced up. Do you see the Mac entry on the iOS or vice versa?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment, and we'll go from there :)

• donmontalvo
    donmontalvo
    Community Member

Hi Megan, I'll just switch bac to the other backup/sync method. Having spent 3 months supporting MobileMe at Apple, I would rather avoid their iCloud service like you would avoid a swarm of bees. Thanks anyway! :D

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donmontalvo,

Happily you can avoid that swarm of bees easily by using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync. :) If you do run into any snags with either of those options, we're here to help! (We'll even troubleshoot iCloud for you if you're feeling particularly brave one day.)

• donmontalvo
    donmontalvo
    Community Member

Thanks Megan, happy to report sync is back to normal using Dropbox. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donmontalvo,

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out - happy Christmas :)

This discussion has been closed.