New Login Title Containing Username

Options
timeuser
timeuser
Community Member

In previous versions of 1Password there was an option to automatically have the username inserted in parentheses in the title of new logins. That doesn't seem possible in 1Password 4 when it offers to create a new login. I have several logins for many sites and that's always been a good way to tell which one I need to choose when logging in. Is the feature there somewhere in 1Password 4 or is there a new way to differentiate logins in 1Password Mini when going to login that I haven't found?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timeuser,

There isn't a feature for that in 1Password 4, although I'll certainly let our developers know you'd like to see it added. For now, when 1Password mini offers to save a new login, you can edit the title however you want before saving it.

If you have some existing login items in 1Password 4 that are hard to tell apart, you can open the main 1Password app and edit the titles for those login items in whatever way helps you to differentiate them.

Sorry the feature you want isn't in 1Password 4, but I hope this helps!

• timeuser
    timeuser
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I've been editing the titles manually. I can't believe there isn't a way to distinguish among the multiple logins stored for a domain other than manually naming them differently. The username added to the title in parentheses always felt like an inelegant work-around anyway. Ideally, to me, the username should just be shown next to the title in the mini drop-down list if there are more than one login to choose from. I understand it is a bit of a complicated issue to solve since there are probably other ways users would want to differentiate among multiple logins but it seems the current behavior is no solution.

Thanks for the response and listening to feedback!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @timeuser.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion about this. Instead of the default title for a new item in the auto-save window possible being the same as some existing item(s), without necessarily realizing it during item creation, I'd prefer it to be unique by default. And when items do have identical titles in 1P mini matches/searches it would be useful if the username (or something else) would be displayed that disambiguates them.

This discussion has been closed.