Dropbox sync didn't work any longer

Options
TomaKiD
TomaKiD
Community Member

I'm using 1Password for syncing between two macs (running the newest 1Password-Version) and my iPad.

A few days ago I needed to re-setup the syncing with my dropbox account, because it didn't worked any longer. Now, nothing changed in the meantime, no master password change or anything else, the syncing stopped working.

On my primary mac is the newest version, but either on the dropbox (I've checked the data with my browser) nor on my other mac (obviously, because it didn't updated the dropbox-data) the changes appears. The path is set correctly and 1password claims that the sync happened, but it didn't.

It's really annoying and because it's not the first time, I keep thinking about an alternative password storage solution... :-(

Anybody got an idea, what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Comments

• 337is
    337is
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Me too. Ever since the most recent Mac update for Mavericks from the App store (Version 4.1 (410009)) any updates made on my iMac are not pushed to my Macbook Pro or any of my iOS devices. I've disabled and reenabled Dropbox syncing on both my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.4, 1PW version 4.3.2) and iPad Retina (iOS 7.0.4, 1PW version 4.3.2). It shows that things have synced in the past minute, but none of my updates from my iMac have actually been pushed to any of the other devices.

Would switching to iCloud sync make this easier?

• 337is
    337is
    Community Member
    Options

We have similar issues over in this thread: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/19165/dropbox-sync-didn-t-work-any-longer#latest

I also think things quit working in the past few days. After I updated to the most recent version of the Mac 1PW app pushed from the Apple App store.

• kinger128
    kinger128
    Community Member
    Options

I've had a similar experience. Syncing was working fine until recently. I have a Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, and iPhone 4s all running the latest OS versions. I also have 1 Password Version 4.1 (410009). I noticed last night that my phone was missing some logins. I had iCloud sync and Dropbox sync set up. I removed both and then added Dropbox back. It synced correctly. Then I came into work, checked my Mac Pro and it was missing all of the logins I created over the weekend and the Master Password that I changed was not updated on the machine either. Now checking all three devices it looks like they are all out of sync. Not sure what to do from here. I've tried various combinations of unsyncing and resyncing all machines but it didn't work. Help!!

• Jameson
    Jameson
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

My issue is similar. I have noticed this over the recent weeks here and there, but I figured maybe I was doing something wrong. I have a MacBook Air running Mountain Lion, a Mac Pro running Mavericks, an iPad on iOS6, and an iPhone on iOS 7. For some reason, new logins entered on one of these devices do not always make it to all the other devices (nor 1PasswordAnywhere), despite the fact that the Sync screen shows that Dropbox syncing is enabled and up to date. I even ripped out the syncing and deleted the Dropbox folder, then reinstalled, in case any glitch from upgrading v3 to v4 were causing the problem, but the problem persists. Just today I needed to login to a credit card site and had to hunt from device to device until I found the one where the login is actually saved, since it has never sync'd across all devices. This is obviously a huge blow to my confidence in 1Password, a product I deeply love and constantly advocate. Please tell me a fix is in the works! Better yet, tell me I did some dumb thing wrong and I can fix it myself with just a click! Thanks!

• dudemanla
    dudemanla
    Community Member
    Options

I actually had this issue on a non-beta. 4.1.1
    First I turned off syncing for dropbox in the 1pass prefs.
    Then what I did was download this app
    learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/troubleshooting-utility.html
    Then I repaired the permissions within this app. Not sure if that fixed it. Then I restarted the mac and went to
    prefs in the app restarted the sync with dropbox, chose the folder and it started syncing :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

I truly apologize for the delay in responding here. We're all working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and appreciate your patience.

So we can help you resolve your Dropbox syncing issues more quickly through email please send a Diagnostics Report from any of your Macs with that problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

This sounds like it could be the same issue I described here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/19341/shared-vault-dropbox-sync-stops-working-by-itself-until-i-disable-and-re-enable-syncing.

If I'd seen this thread I wouldn't have opened another one.

Will try sending a diagnostics report as suggested.

• semblance
    semblance
    Community Member
    Options

One question about the diagnostic report: the tool generates an email to support@agilebits.com, but the documentation linked above says to send it to support+forum@agilebits.com. Which is correct, and can the tool/doc be made consistent?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @semblance.

The email address in that document is preferred when submitting Diagnostics Reports requested from the forum, either when changing the default address after using Create New Mail Message… or creating a new email without using it. It's not optimal and we do already have improvements in mind.

If I'd seen this thread I wouldn't have opened another one.

Thank you for starting a new one. :)

This discussion has been closed.