1password anywhere

Options
eleith
eleith
Community Member

any advice on how to set up sftp sync for the 1password data (i couldn't find it in data/data/...)

also, will 1password anywhere still work? where can i get it?

Comments

• Hi @eleith!

SFTP is not supported on Android Beta. You can only use Dropbox as a sync method at this time.

1PasswordAnywhere is recommended to be accessed remotely using Dropbox's website. However, you can also view your information from a local file system if you remove all of the local file restrictions in your browser.

• eleith
    eleith
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

thanks. two questions:

1) i want to manually SFTP my data to my own server (and not rely on dropbox). where is this file/folder?

2) where can i get 1passwordanywhere?

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @eleith, I'm not sure how to answer your first question. If it's just where your data is, it's wherever you're syncing it. If you were using Dropbox, probably in User/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. And as for 1PasswordAnywhere, it only works if you are syncing via Dropbox since you log in to the Dropbox website to access it.

• eleith
    eleith
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @agilekelly

i do not use dropbox because i prefer to host my files on my personal server. thus, i have a SFTP program on my phone that i sync my files. since this is not built into 1password i have to point my SFTP program to backup a set of files manually to my server.

my questions is about how to find the files on my android phone to back them up to my personal server. i've looked in 'data/data' (folders on the android file system) and i still can not locate them.

do the files exist (or are they generated on the fly during a dropbox sync)? my assumption is that the dropbox sync feature just takes a handful of files that already exist and uploads them to your dropbox account. if someone could point me at those files then i will be able to fully beta test how i want to use 1password in my day to day use.

• saad
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi @eleith! Your data files are not accessible on your Android device.

1Password Beta does not have support for local file sync. However, this feature is on our priority list and our developers are most certainly looking into it.

• eleith
    eleith
    Community Member
    Options

ah, that explains what i was seeing. thanks for following up.

• @eleith: No problem! :)

• daLuiz
    daLuiz
    Community Member
    Options

Not exactly the correct thread title, but the discussion is in the right direction:

I also dislike dropbox and have my own sync app running (synology cloud station), so I would just like to point 1Password to a certain folder on my sd card (as it was possible with the previous version). Please keep pushing for this feature, it should be much easier to implement than syncing to skydrive, google drive and so on, since 1Password doesn't have to care about the syncing.

Currently I can't give any other feedback since I can't use the beta due to this restriction.

Thanks,
    Luiz

This discussion has been closed.