just purchased and installed 1Password for my new iPad Air

Options
Martym616
Martym616
Community Member

for $19.99 and after setting up my Master Password all it is seems to be doing is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I tried the tutorials, FAQs, forums... All I see is a blank screen with Categories on top - that's it! Need assistance please.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Martym616, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password 4 for iOS. Is this your first time using 1Password? If so, and you're trying to figure out how to start using it, we have an online guide that should help you out:

Welcome to 1Password for iOS!

That should help to get you going, but please let us know if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your problem. Thanks!

• Martym616
    Martym616
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is my first time using 1Password. I purchased the app (iPad version), opened the app on my iPad Air (iOS 7.0.4) and was prompted for a master password, successfully created my master password, and then ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! All of the subsequent screens were empty despite a relatively long sync process. After a while, I deleted the app, reinstalled and went thru the same process with no resulting difference. I repeated this several times, with no joy!!! I went thru ypur site, read all of the FAQs, went thru all of the tutorials and so-called user guides. Again, no joy!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Martym616,

I'm so sorry to hear that this process has been complicated for you, and that our tutorials have been less than helpful. It does sound though like you've set everything up correctly, though, so you're off to a good start!

If you haven't used 1Password before and therefor don't have any data entered into the app, seeing an empty screen is not so unexpected. Let's add some data to fill things up a bit:

• Tap the '+' button at the top left of the screen
    • Select the type of data you would like to enter (for this example I'll use a simple Login)
    • Tap on the 'Login' to change the name of this entry to something memorable ("Twitter, personal" for example)
    • Fill in the subsequent fields with your username, password and website for the site in question
    • Use the 'Add new section' button to add other details if you like (security questions and answers will fit well here!)
    • When you have all the details entered, just tap 'Done'

I hope this helps you get things started - please let me know if you have any further questions, we're here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.