When do we have to upgrade to use the 1Password 4 beta?

Options
panafou
panafou
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

Hi,
I was using 1password 3 and I upgraded to v4 beta. My 30 trial days ended and I continue to run v4.1 beta. The license information window says: trial expired. Purchase the license to access all 1password feature. But as far as I ca understand all working OK, and I have no problem. What happening? What gonna change if I buy v4? I'm gonna do it one day but I'm really pissed about your decision to give free update to MAS customers and not take care us, your old customers...

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I've read elsewhere in this forum that AgileBits has not yet flipped the switch to enforce the time limit on trials, so for now the application continues to work beyond the time limit. No one knows when they will begin to enforce it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @panafou,

Please refer to this announcement for information on how the beta is currently being handled.

I'd like to apologize for your disappointment in the upgrade policy. If it helps, I'd like to explain a bit about our decision, and how things ended up the way they did. Our original hope when launching 1Password 4 was to provide a free upgrade to all users who purchased 1Password 3 in 2013. That's a nine-month upgrade window. However, the Apple Store does not allow for us to differentiate between users, so we decided to extend the upgrade there. Being more generous sounded like a better option than excluding Mac App Store users from the special altogether. It was most certainly not our intent to make our loyal webstore customers feel any less valued.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.