Agilebits: Figure out if your apps work right before you suggest old will continue to work with new.

Options
fishandfly
fishandfly
Community Member

Dear Agilebits,

I love the way your apps used to work and have been a customer for a couple years. When I finally upgraded to maverick I gladly purchased the new mac app. However, because I was still on an older jailbroken ios (5.1.1) and I read that the 3.7.2 would continue to work fine with the new mac app (now via wifi) I opted to continue using 3.7.2 on the iphone.

I did this because the old iphone app 3.7.2 works just fine for me. However, the fact that you apparently have a huge issue with wifi sync actually working considering the size of your tutorial on the issue, has led me to a simple conclusion...

Figure out if it's going to work before you send me the upgrade email and give me some good information. If you had told me: "we think there are going to be huge issues with the most basic functionality of your iphone app once you buy the new mac app" I would have spent the stupid $8 to upgrade the phone as well! But now that I have upgraded my phone to ios 7 I sit on a non-functioning system and double the price for the iphone app.

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fishandfly,

I would like to apologize for the confusion here. I'm not quite sure where you read about Wi-Fi compatibility, but unfortunately, that has never been the case. In fact, we initially released 1Password 4 without a Wi-Fi sync because we were never quite happy with the way that Wi-Fi sync worked in version 3. Users told us how much they missed the feature, so we took the opportunity and re-wrote Wi-Fi sync completely. This is gives us more flexibility moving forward, but it does mean that the Wi-Fi sync is incompatible between versions.

1Password 3 for iOS is still a supported product, but it requires 1Password 3 for Mac to sync via Wi-Fi. If you're unwilling to upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS right now, here's how to get this all set up:

• Simply download a version of 1Password 3 for Mac here
    • You can use Dropbox or Folder Sync to sync your database to 1Password 3 for Mac
    • Use Wi-Fi to keep 1Password 3 for iOS in sync with 1Password 3 for Mac.

Please let me know if this solution works for you, I'd be happy to create a 1Password 3 for Mac license for you if you don't still have one. :)

This discussion has been closed.