WiFi Sync Issue

Options
GreenLantern
GreenLantern
Community Member

Greetings. I have been using wifi sync at home between my macbook pro, iphone 5 and imac without issue. Currently I am staying at a hotel with a very good wifi connection. My macbook pro is with me as is my iphone 5. Both are on the same wifi network. When I attempt to sync the macbook pro is not visible. I hit refresh etc, turned off the firewall, it is still not visible. I have the latest releases installed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. GL

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GreenLantern,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble syncing. Please restart your Mac and iOS device. This will restart the Bonjour networking service that Apple provides for Wi-Fi syncing. You can restart your iOS device by holding down both the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds until the Apple logo appears.

After restarting, please open 1Password on your Mac and iOS device, and follow the instructions in our Wi-Fi Sync Guide to get set up.

Please let me know how it turns out, or if you have any additional questions.

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Megan - What you describe here is not "restarting" your iPhone, it's entering iPhone or iPad Recovery Mode, and some Mac sites liken it to pulling the plug on the back of your iMac: not the best way to restart your iMac. Would not simply powering the iPhone/iPad down by holding the top button until the Off slider appears be a better choice?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BikerBob,

Powering down the phone is what we're going for here, you're right. I'll amend my steps in the future :)

• Headelf
    Headelf
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Actually the process you originally described for the iOS device allows anything in memory to be cleared out. It does a soft reset on the device but will not put the iOS device in recovery mode as BikerBob suggested. It is the first suggestion you will receive from Apple Tech Support should you call them with a problem and has been known to resolve many issues that just powering down the device will not fix.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Headelf,

In most of our troubleshooting cases, restarting the phone using the swipe action should have the desired effect. At the very least, it's worth trying before the forced shutdown. :)

• markymarc
    markymarc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there Agile Bits... Been having problems getting my iPhone 5s to sync via wifi with my MBP.. I'm running 4.3.2 for my iPhone and version 4.1.3 on desktop. When i go to the instructions to sync with wifi, i get an Error Domain Code =65. No route to host.. Any thoughts on how to get this operational?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markymarc,

I'm so sorry that you've been having trouble getting Wi-Fi sync to behave. Thanks so much for including your version numbers - that gives us a much better place to start!

I'd like you to Create an ad hoc network and see if that gets things working for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.