Question just before I upgrade from Beta...

Options
rappar
rappar
Community Member

I have been part of the Beta group for 1Password4 since the start. It would appear that in about 20 odd days, this ends and I will purchase my family pack upgrade.
I have a couple of questions for the forum.

In the past, my Rogers account worked well. Now, not so much. It seems Rogers has added a page to the website. I sometimes click on my saved item in Password and it will take me to the page I want and fill in my user name but no password. Sometime, if I click again on the item in Password, it will fill in the password and I am set to go. Sometimes this does not work.

Should I go back and find the page that tells me how to connect manually and then save that setup to see if it works? It did in the past for a while but now is not very consistent. Lately, it has not worked at all, only the username is filled in.

Other sites work just as they always have, I am taken directly to the site, my user name and password are entered and I am set to go.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

If it makes a difference, I am running under the latest Mavericks and tend to use Safari as my browser. I see a little note from time to time telling me that Safari will not allow me to save passwords. However, it seems to save the password for other sites, just not my one for Rogers.

Ron

Comments

• Hey @rapper,

You've brought up the issue with the Rogers site previously: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/96918

There, you said that saving a new login manually fixed the issue. Is it not working again?

• rappar
    rappar
    Community Member
    Options

That is correct. It worked for a while when I saved the login manually but now I am back to square one where only my username is installed. If this is a Rogers problem, I just have to live with it like one of my banks. On the other hand, if there is something else I should try, I am open to any suggestions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rappar,

If Rogers has made any recent changes to their site, it could result in your Login not working. I'd try saving a new Login (again) and see if that behaves a bit more reliably:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this works for you. If it doesn't we can certainly investigate further :)

This discussion has been closed.