Mac & Browser Mini not in sync

Options
KevinSmith
KevinSmith
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I'm using Dropbox sync to share my 1Password 4 info across Mac, Mac Browser Mini Plugins, iOS & Android.

STANDARD-Here's the list of passwords displayed under "G" on 1Password logins:

giffgaff4

Gmail_Peter

Gmail_Peter

gmx.de

MINI-Here's the list of passwords displayed under "G" on 1Password Mini browser Plugin for Safari logins:

giffgaff1

giffgaff4

Gmail_Peter

gmx.de

It's clear that the two are out of sync. Please can you tell me how to troubleshoot this without losing data. I'm running following versions:
OS X 10.8.5

Safari 6.1

Thanks Kevin

Comments

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey @KevinSmith,

Do you maybe have multiple copies of 1Password installed, and the wrong mini is being used? By any chance did you participate in the beta program, or download 1Password both from the AgileBits website and the Mac App Store?

Check what version of 1Password you're currently running (1Password > About 1Password in the menu bar).

Then, run this command in a Terminal window and post its output here:

launchctl list | grep agile

From those two pieces of info, we'll find out if you have the right 1P mini for the app you're running. :D

• KevinSmith
    KevinSmith
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper

Thanks for your quick reply especially because it's the holiday season in many places on Earth. You're right, It's possible I've clicked on a whole bunch of wrong links to upgrade & install all the correct parts of 1Password 4.

1) 1Password app's version number :
    Version 4.1 (410009)

2) Info from Terminal pasted below:

12704 - 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

12698 - [0x0-0x2a62a6].com.agilebits.onepassword-osx

227 - 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

-- I've looked closer myself and can see there are two version of the application, one is the beta version and the other is the most up-to-date version. The Beta version is accessing a different vault.

I'm OK to lose the data from the old Beta vault. I just need instructions on how to get 1Password mini to use the correct vault as it seems to be pointing at the beta vault.

Thanks Kevin

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey @KevinSmith,

It's most likely the two instances of 1Password mini running that's causing your problem. Since you're currently using the Mac App Store version of 1Password (v4.1), you'll only need 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper.

This support article will help you get rid of the beta version of 1Password and beta mini:

How can I migrate from the beta to the release version?

You'll also want to go to 1Password > Preferences... > General in the Mac App Store release version and see that your 1Password mini settings are correct.

If it's still not working after that, you might need to send a diagnostic report to AgileBits to get some further help. Let me know how it goes! :)

• KevinSmith
    KevinSmith
    Community Member
    Options

That's done it Jasper. I followed the instructions in the support article and got rid of the older bunch of settings.

I was obviously to eager to follow instructions when I upgraded from the beta version of 1Password 4. Thanks for setting me straight.

Happy New Year
    regards Kevin

• Awesome! Glad that worked for you. :D

This discussion has been closed.