Moving from 1password to msecure

Options
jesslorenzo
jesslorenzo
Community Member

I have been a 1password user for a while now. I have 1password on my mac, my iPhone, and iPad.
Recently, I switched to Samsung Note 3 for my main phone and tabled.

However, I found that the 1password for my samsung is not as good as it should be. I cannot generate passwords nor can I search or save since it is only a reader.

I just got msecure for the mac and I am transferring my passwords. Unfortunately it only saves them as .pif file. Is there any other way to export my password file? I cannot do them one by one because there are just too many.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Off hand, I'd guess that your best for this kind of help will come from secure, not the product you are leaving. But maybe someone here can help you. In my experience, this forum is populated by those who are dedicated to 1Password or who are moving to it, not away from it.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@jesslorenzo

Its true the current Android app is a reader, but the new version should be much, much better. Its in beta you may wish to signup for the beta.

Beta signup page

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

@jesslorenzo—

1Password 3 has much better export support. Most long-time users will already have a copy, but if you don’t then grab one if you don’t want to wait for 1Password 4 to catch up on that front.

• WujekDR
    WujekDR
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to switch to mSecure. Partly because there is no real 1Password for Android, but mainly because of ridiculously high upgrade prices...

This discussion has been closed.