No 1Password Mini

Options
jodamo
jodamo
Community Member

Just installed 1Password 4. I've checked 'Always keep 1Password Mini running'. There's no icon for Mini in the Menu Bar. Any help appreciated. David

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jodamo.

One possibility is that you may be running out of space in the menu bar. To test this theory, first log out of your account using the  > Log Out Your Name menu item (or Shift-Command-Q shortcut). Then log back in but before you submit your password to log in hold the Shift key down. Keep holding the Shift key until your Finder Desktop appears. This prevents apps that launch on startup from launching. After you've logged in, start 1Password and see if the 1Password mini key icon appears in the menu bar.

Please let me know if that helps or if there's something else causing this problem that I can help you fix.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And if that turns out to be the problem, Bartender helps cut down the menu bar clutter by moving items into its own bar, concealed until you click on the Bartender icon.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@danco @jodamo

Bartender is one app just like 1Password I will always install on all future systems.

http://www.macbartender.com

If you have issues or questions they are but an email away. Sometimes they get a little busy like us all and it may take a bit for a reply. But they have been most helpful and generally reply in a reasonable amount of time. I participated during the beta and got quite a few email's about my suggestions and or issues.

This discussion has been closed.