Some Questions

gismo3303
gismo3303
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Lounge

hello,
1) i am intereset in the MAC+PC bundle. But i want icloud sync (for MAC and IOS). When i buy 1pwd in MAS can i get a cheaper license for Windows? If yes -> how much for a single user and how much for the family-pack

2) When i install icloud on windows it is possible for the future release of 1pwd4 for windows to sync via icloud?

3) With 1password 4 there are multiple vaults available. Is that the same like users? I mean i can create one vault for each user with differents master-passwords. So every user/vault has its own password, right?
3.1) If i purchase the family-pack -> Do i get 5 different license? I dont really understand this pack because when i use cloud-sync all users connect to the same cloud-keychain and uses different vaults right? Or every user must have its own cloud-login and their own vaults.

4) Will there be for sure a release of 1pwd 4 for windows with all features like the mac app? (in the next 1-3 months)

5) is it 100% sure that the ios app supports vaults in the near future?

6) As i see the current version of 1pwd for mac is v4.1.1 but in the MAS is v4.1 -> Is the MAS version not alawys up to date?

7) how much time i have to decide if want to get the xmas-prices? when does ends this offers?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gismo3303,

Welcome to the forums!

hello, 1) i am intereset in the MAC+PC bundle. But i want icloud sync (for MAC and IOS). When i buy 1pwd in MAS can i get a cheaper license for Windows? If yes -> how much for a single user and how much for the family-pack

Just purchase 1Password on the Mac App Store. Then email us your Mac App Store receipt. We'll give you a discount on a Windows license so that your total cost (Mac App Store purchase + Windows license) is equal to the Mac+Windows bundle price available on our own store. It will be the exact same price. You will have a Mac and Windows license. And your Mac license will be through the Mac App Store.

2) When i install icloud on windows it is possible for the future release of 1pwd4 for windows to sync via icloud?

Apple has not provided a way to sync iCloud data with Windows. If they ever do I'm sure we will explore that. For now the only things that Apple provides via the Cloud Control Panel 3.1 for Windows is "mail, contacts, and calendars" as well as "Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome bookmarks" sync. Again: Apple HAS NOT PROVIDED a way to sync files via iCloud with Windows at this time.

Dropbox continues to be our recommended sync solution for cross-platofrm users since it works across Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. iCloud syncing is only available on Apple's platforms: Mac and iOS.

3) With 1password 4 there are multiple vaults available. Is that the same like users? I mean i can create one vault for each user with differents master-passwords. So every user/vault has its own password, right?

If you have multiple user accounts on your Mac you can each easily have a completely separate installation of 1Password with separate Master Passwords. This has always been possible. The OS just keeps each users' at a separate, so there was nothing special we needed to do to make this work. The brand new multiple vault feature allows **each user* to have more than one vault. That is the new part. :)

3.1) If i purchase the family-pack -> Do i get 5 different license? I dont really understand this pack because when i use cloud-sync all users connect to the same cloud-keychain and uses different vaults right? Or every user must have its own cloud-login and their own vaults.

A Family license allows up to 5 family members living in the same household to use 1Password. 1Password is licensed per-user. So if you are not the only user of 1Password in your family's household you need to purchase a Family license.

4) Will there be for sure a release of 1pwd 4 for windows with all features like the mac app? (in the next 1-3 months)

1Password 4 for Windows is in beta right now. We don't normally discuss future features or release dates as too many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Please stay tuned. You can join the 1Password 4 for Windows beta now if you would like to help test.

5) is it 100% sure that the ios app supports vaults in the near future?

Again, we don't discuss future plans. It’s a substantial change that needs a lot of testing, but it’s on our list. I’ll add your vote. :)

6) As i see the current version of 1pwd for mac is v4.1.1 but in the MAS is v4.1 -> Is the MAS version not alawys up to date?

1Password is identical in the Mac App Store and on our website. We just number them differently to keep track of the distribution channel. 1Password from our website will always end in an odd number. 1Password from the Mac App Store will always end in an even number. So, right now: 4.1.1 = 4.1.0. The next update may be 4.1.2 = 4.1.3.

7) how much time i have to decide if want to get the xmas-prices? when does ends this offers?

I don't have that information. If you are interested in the sale, though, now is a great time to purchase since the sale has already been going for about a week. I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

• gismo3303
    gismo3303
    Community Member

Thanks for the answer. I am Student in Germany. I saw you have Special prices for students. But this Special offer is Not compatible with the MAS Version right? My plan is it to buy the MAS Version and then send you the receipt to geht the Discount for the Mac+Windows bundle but how does that work with the Student offer. When i buy the MAS Version in the German App Store it cost 30,99€ (~42 Dollar) and the Special Student offer for Mac and windows is only 35 Dollar :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the answer.

Happy to help!

I am Student in Germany.

Toll! :)

I saw you have Special prices for students. But this Special offer is Not compatible with the MAS Version right?

Apple does not provide any way for developers to offer any kind of discount (or bundle) on the App Store. Only we are able to offer an education discount. Apple does not offer one.

My plan is it to buy the MAS Version and then send you the receipt to geht the Discount for the Mac+Windows bundle but how does that work with the Student offer. When i buy the MAS Version in the German App Store it cost 30,99€ (~42 Dollar) and the Special Student offer for Mac and windows is only 35 Dollar

You will need to decide if you want to purchase on the Mac App Store or get the student discount by purchasing directly from us.

This discussion has been closed.