iOS <-> Mac iCloud Sync Not Updating

Options
nfarina
nfarina
Community Member

I've just repurchased the iOS App Store and Mac App Store versions of 1Password in order to get the new iCloud syncing.

However, changes are not properly synced. What's happening is that my iPhone and iPad seem to see one consistent, synced copy of my database, and changes are transferred between them just fine. But the Mac version is not in sync with anything. Changes to iOS do not make their way to the Mac, and vice-versa. The Mac only has the copy of the database as it existed when first installing.

Any way to diagnose what's happening? I'm an iOS/Mac developer myself so I can poke under the hood if you can tell me where to look.

Comments

• donmontalvo
    donmontalvo
    Community Member
    Options

I gave up on iCloud sync, it simply does not work. I don't blame AgileBits for this issue. iCloud is almost as bad as its predecessor, MobileMe (Steve Jobs apologized for the later). Do yourself a favor, get a free DropBox account, apps are much happier syncing to it than iCloud. ;)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

If you have upgraded your mac to a new OS version, I'm using Mavericks, since you installed 1Password 4, you may get syncing problems. I've had this happen twice on two computers going from 10.9 to 10.9.1. We use Dropbox for syncing on all the devices but the issue may be the same. What fixes it is to disable syncing on the mac, I then selected iCloud, disabled it again and re-selected Dropbox. Then all the devices synced properly. It seems that each new version of the OS breaks the syncing on the mac at least for Dropbox, and requires it to be reset. The mobile apps don't seem to be affected by this. I don't know if selecting iCloud after disabling syncing is necessary prior to re-selecting Dropbox but it works for me so I keep doing it that way.

If your mobile devices are syncing properly then I don't think the issue is with iCloud, I think the issue is on your mac.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nfarina,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Now, there are a few basic things that we want to check before we get into the more detailed troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that iCloud is enabled on all devices (particularly the Mac)
    • And check that you are signed in with the same iCloud account. If you're like me and have somehow accumulated several, this could be where the trouble is coming in.

If none of these apply, we'll need to see a Diagnostics Report to get a better look at just what is going on inside your system.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.