Did I miss a newsletter?

Options
sejtam
sejtam
Community Member

I got the invite share i the Beta last week, signed up, and was told a newsletter would be arriving with a link. I have not seen one since, but the fowum seems to be full of dicsussion of the beta already. Did I miss a newsletter with the download link?

Comments

• BobQuentok
    BobQuentok
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same question... :o

• emmanuelvq
    emmanuelvq
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

The Same

• stevepsharpe
    stevepsharpe
    Community Member
    Options

Same, I don't know where to download the beta?

• saad
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi Guys! The beta is not yet available to everyone that have signed up for the newsletter. We are releasing it periodically in large waves.

We would love to release it to everyone at once but with the large number of signed up users, handling all of the feedback can get very difficult. We want to always maintain good quality when we go through each feature, bug, and improvement we hear from our users.

I promise it won't be too long until you guys have it in your hands too. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• boboman13
    boboman13
    Community Member
    Options

"Won't be long."

While I, and I imagine much of the community, appreciate your response, a bit more transparency and even a rough estimate of a timeline would be greatly appreciated. Keeping anxious users willing to test your beta software in the dark is never good.

Thanks.

• stough
    stough
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I'm dying to try the Android beta and am on the Mac OS X beta too. A timeline for beta release would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up via the newsletter on the 28th Nov and still not heard it, and likewise am on the OS X beta.

• tulprit
    tulprit
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up on December 8th. A month later and nothing. Too bad.

• tulprit
    tulprit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to Nik Lal and the 1password team, I just received a download link at 5:16PM. I don't know if it was my loud mouth (post), but I'm very thankful and look forward to reading the comments here and contributing when possible.

• Thanks everyone for their comments here, I certainly understand (and love) how excited you are to get into our Android beta!

We've had an incredible response to the beta signup and have had thousands sign up. This has caused a longer delay in getting everyone in than I would have hoped.

The good news is that we are starting to accelerate the invites to the beta itself. We have added another large group today, and I anticipate that we will add many (hopefully most) of you over the next week or two.

Thanks again for your excitement and patience!

• emmanuelvq
    emmanuelvq
    Community Member
    Options

See if it's true, because I am waiting since December 1

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

Well I got my invite today and am now a happy tester :)

• BobQuentok
    BobQuentok
    Community Member
    Options

I have signed up on November 16th for the Android beta and still got no access to it. :/

• mancini
    mancini
    Community Member
    Options

Still waiting to be able to test the betas in my Note 3. Have been an avid user of 1Password 3 and then 4 on my Mac and iPhone and have been frustrated since migrating to the Android platform. Can't wait for a fully functional software and would love to help iron its bugs.

• stough
    stough
    Community Member
    Options

sigh Still waiting. The most recent newsletter about being part of the beta family kinda stung. :( I feel like one those dysfunctional Twitter users following others and wishing they were as cool.

• SteveAlbright
    SteveAlbright
    Community Member
    Options

I have been a 1Password user for a very long time and would love to get the invite for beta download. I have been punished enough with the current Android version since the first release... which feels like over two years?

• Neurus
    Neurus
    Community Member
    Options

Well. I've been a 1Password user since they released their first OS X version and I am an Android software engineer who offered help many times and still haven't seen a beta. Seems like they found good people to test but they better be ready, because I will find every single line of code or UI that doesn't behave correctly… I have 1Password rage accumulated ;)

• joebear
    joebear
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure why I get newsletters for new versions, but no download link yet after signing quite a while back. Have Mac OS X and moved from iOS (iPod touch, iPad) to android, so this would be nice to try out and evaluate in the grand scheme of cross-platform apps.

• saad
    Options

Hey everyone! Just as an update, we will be sending out the next batch of invites within the next few days! Keep an eye on your email over this weekend. ;)

• emmanuelvq
    emmanuelvq
    Community Member
    Options

Still waiting :(

• saad
    Options

Just a little longer.. We appreciate your patience.

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

Waiting can also be a pleasant thing :)
    The more you wait, better the beta is (less bugs)
    The more you wait, the more you desire the app ;)

• saad
    Options

@Frederic.C You're absolutely right! That's definitely a great way to look at things. :)

• SteveAlbright
    SteveAlbright
    Community Member
    Options

Have the next batch been sent out? If so, I missed again.

• We haven't sent out any invites this week, but we plan to within the next two days. :)

• I'm in the beta test but I lost the email is there a way I can have it resent to my address?

• Hey @zeitgeist. I resent your invitation link to your registered email address. Let me know if you have received it.

• faquick
    faquick
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Is there any way to get involved in this beta at this point? I already signed up with the "generic" form and I already got access to the iOS beta. But since it has just gone "gold" I think I could dedicate some time testing the Android, also because I am using multiple devices so I believe I would be able to test in many scenarios :)

• mverde
    Options

@faquick‌ Testing on multiple devices is always helpful :)

Have you already signed up specifically for the Android beta newsletter? The download links for the beta are sent out with the welcome letter and again with each subsequent newsletter. You can sign up for the beta here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html. Let me know if you need any additional help getting set up.

• faquick
    faquick
    Community Member
    Options

I think I might have already subscribed, but I am going to do it right now just to be sure :)

thank you

This discussion has been closed.