Sync turning itself off? [MAS]

Options
Dane Bendixen
Dane Bendixen
Community Member

I have the Mac App Store version of 1Password installed on several devices. On one device in particular (iMac) I've noticed a new problem lately. Every couple days or so I'll see that the iMac doesn't appear to be in sync. Sure enough, when I open up sync preferences, it has somehow been turned off. Any ideas?

Comments

• Are you syncing via Dropbox? If so, this might be the issue:

1Password Losing Sync Permissions after System Restart [MAS]

• Dane Bendixen
    Dane Bendixen
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, just saw your response, sorry.

Turns out I'm still having trouble on one Mac with iCloud sync--my passwords are out of date and I'm missing some newer entries. It appears as if it hasn't synced property to iCloud in a couple months or longer. I reviewed the article you provided but it didn't help as I'm on v 4.1.2. I've turned off syncing, renamed the old data/archive file with "_OLD" on the end (after quitting out of 1P entirely). Upon restarting 1P, I get the error shown in the attached screenshot. "Could not find 1Password information on iCloud."

• Jasper
    Options

Hi Dane,

First, could you please double check that Documents & Data is enabled under the iCloud preferences?

If that's not the issue, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• Dane Bendixen
    Dane Bendixen
    Community Member
    Options

Oddly enough it's working now. I restarted a couple of times since I posted so that may have been the issue. I can confirm that Documents & Data was on, however, because I use iCloud documents extensively with Pages and Numbers which both rely on that functionality.

Syncing is accurate between all devices now. If it acts up again, I'll send in the diagnostic report.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Glad to hear it's working again! :)

Please let us know if you run into any other trouble and we can investigate further!

This discussion has been closed.