First-run Dropbox flow breakage

Options
zwaldowski
zwaldowski
Community Member

Thrilled to be installing the beta (β7) on a Nexus 7 with 4.4.2!

I installed 1Password first before installing Dropbox. I opened 1Password and selected the Dropbox option, and it redirected me to a browser. I bailed, opened the Play Store, installed Dropbox, and opened Dropbox and authenticated. Upon returning to 1Password, it appeared to attempt to use the system Dropbox auth, but without me having cleared 1Password's credentials. I was kicked to a blank activity (there was a back button reading "KeychainActivity" or something similar, my apologies for not remembering) and was given a whole truckload of access denied toasts for my troubles.

The app worked swimmingly upon reinstalling and following the 1P -> Dropbox app -> 1P happy path.

Excited to see how this thing progresses! Very solid thus far.

Thanks!

Comments

• mverde
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi @zwaldowski,

This is exactly the kind of issue that we want to be able to catch through the beta process. Our developers try to anticipate as many scenarios as possible when coding our apps. However, there are sometimes corner cases that escape our notice. In this case, it looks like we need to work on how we handle failed or incomplete browser authentication for Dropbox.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will advise the development team of the issue. In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy using the beta.

This discussion has been closed.