Delete Issues between 1PW Windows and Android

Options
Bill_W
Bill_W
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Android

G'day,

Entries deleted from my phone are not being deleted on my Windows desktop.

Earlier today, I had cause to delete a software licence entry from my Android. What I have discovered is that any deletion change was picked up my iPad however remains on my 1PW Windows desktop. I ended up manually deleting the entry off the desktop. I also noted that when I make a change, Dropbox says 2 files were changed when I only create one change in the data.

Changes between the iPad and Android work as expected each time.

Regards,

Bill

Comments

• Hi Bill,

The fact that the software license is deleted from 1Password on your iPad suggests to me that the problem may be on the Windows side of things. I would like to test this by removing the 1Password beta on Android from the equation. Could I get you to do the following:

1. Double-check that Dropbox syncing is still enabled in 1Password on Windows.
    2. Create a software license in 1Password on your iPad.
    3. Allow Dropbox to sync the changes.
    4. Check 1Password on Windows to see that the new software license has synced over.
    5. Delete the software license in 1Password on your iPad.
    6. Allow Dropbox to sync the changes.
    7. Check 1Password on Windows to see that the software license is now removed.

It would be helpful if you could report back on the results of each of those steps. Also, could you tell me which version of 1Password you are running on each of your devices. Looking forward to your reply.

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member
    Options

G'day,

As requested: (I have included my Windows Laptop in the testing, changes were consistent on both computers).

1. Confirmed. Sync is set to C:\Users\Dad\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain
    2. Worked fine.

3. Worked fine. Windows Dropbox says two files were changed.

4. Worked fine. After phone sync (Quick Unlock is set), shows up on phone as expected.

5. Worked fine.

6. Worked fine – Dropbox says two file changes were made.

7. Deleted file removed. After phone sync, disappeared off the phone as expected.

Using the Android and going through the above steps results in the deleted file being left on both Windows desktops. When manually deleted off one of the Desktops, the change is syned to the other.

I am using the following version:

Windows: 1.0.9.340 (both computers)

IPad: 4.3.2

Andriod: 4.0.0b7 (20131229).

Cheers,

Bill

• Thank you for running through those tests for me Bill. If I understand your response correctly, it seems like all changes initiated on the iPad synced to 1Password on Windows correctly. It also seems like those changes synced to the 1Password Beta on your Android device correctly.

There seems to be some kind of disagreement between the Android and Windows versions about what constitutes a deletion, despite the fact that the iPad version understands both perfectly. Thank you for describing this issue so well for us. I will bring this to the attention of the Android development team.

This discussion has been closed.