Upgrade from 3.7.2 to ver. 4.x...will it work?

cwitt
cwitt
Community Member

Hi,

I failed to upgrade my iPhone 1Password version 3.7.2 before Sept 2013 and now my iPhone won't sync via Dropbox.

I am in doubt now if I can simply purchase the new version in AppStore and still continue to use my password database with new version 4 as nothing had happened or will I loose my database?

I am using 1password to sync between my iPhone5 (IOS7.0.4.) and Windows7 PC’s via Dropbox.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I didn't lose anything when I moved from version 3 to version 4 on my iOS devices. I did it before Dropbox stopped working with version 3, but I didn't do anything special. Just downloaded version 4 and kept on.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cwitt,

You should not lose any data by upgrading to 1Password 4. When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, simply select "I've used 1Password before" and import from previous version. Then you can set up Dropbox syncing in 1Password 4 for iOS to keep your data synced up with your Windows PC.

Please let me know if you run into any snags during the process, I'd be happy to help you sort them out :)

This discussion has been closed.