Chrome extension - There is no vault. Please open 1Password app

Options
Jeff Palmer
Jeff Palmer
Community Member

When I try to logon to 1Password (Version 4.1 (410009)) using the Chrome extension, I get an error message stating "There is no vault. Please open 1Password app". I'm able to logon to 1Password through both the main app and 1Password mini, so it just seems to be the Chrome extension that's affected.

The problem might have something to do with the way I performed the installation. I first downloaded 1Password 4 for for Mac from agilebits.com. I installed it and used the trial version for about a week. I liked it so I decided to purchase it through the App Store. Before purchasing it from the App Store I first uninstalled the trial version of the app using AppCleaner. I then installed 1Password from the App Store. My guess is AppCleaner didn't remove all the files it needed to.

Please help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. I think you might be right, that the AppCleaner could have caused some trouble, but I'm concerned that it removed too much, rather than not enough ;) Generally we recommend only deleting the app itself by moving it to the trash.

However, we should be able to fix this by reinstalling the extension.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Click the trash can next to the 1Password 4 extension and remove it.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and confirm the installation.

If you are still seeing this error after reinstalling the extension, please let me know and we'll take a closer look at your system.

• Craig Tuller
    Craig Tuller
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Just like Jeff above, I am having the same problem.

I can report that it was working fine earlier today and then I did a Chrome update (to Version 34.0.1797.2 dev) and now am having the issue.

I removed 1P extension from Chrome & reinstalled, but still same issue.

Megan, I just tried your instructions, but still "null Vault".

What is the solution?

I have downloaded the 1P Troubleshooting app and am sending the report.
    I do have a recommendation though for the Troubleshooting app ... Not everyone uses Apple's Mail program, so defaulting to it for sending the report is not the best setup. (I use Postbox).

I also tried these instructions (found on another thread):
    _Open Terminal.app from the Applications > Utilities folder
    Type in the following commands, one at a time:

launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

Reboot the Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini_

That didn't work either!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry you're also having a "null vault" issue with 1Password. We've received your Diagnostics Report and will follow up with you directly in email to ensure we don't get things muddled up between here and there. :)

• russelmessick
    russelmessick
    Community Member
    Options

For goodness sake, I see one after the next posts about people having the "null fault" when trying to instate 1Password in Chrome. But no post has a final answers of what to do. Every post only has the tech sup saying to download IP Trouble shooting and send them the report. Well? What happened? Can someone post the final outcome of all these posts for "null vault"? Geeze!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @russelmessick,

I've responding about the issue you reported, and later resolved with restarting, in this topic:

Safari Ext Reinstall Problem After Entering "Master Password" says "Connecting 1..2…3….4….5….6…7…

Are you also having a "null vault" issue that we can help you to fix? The reasons and solutions for it can vary depending on the 1Password configuration on someone's system. Seeing a diagnostics report is often the quickest way for us to gather that information and offer specific suggestions for resolving the problem, especially after what's initial suggested here has already been tried and failed.

We'll be here if you do need our help. :)

This discussion has been closed.