Primary and shared Vault question [default vault option, under consideration]

Options
nicom
nicom
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

Hi
I have set up a shared vault via Dropbox with my wife and I wondered is it possible to make the new shared vault the Primary/Default vault for her when she opens 1Password (ie: to avoid her having to go to 1Password menu to select the vault) ???? At present, 1P asks for the Primary vault password unless you take the extra step to select shared vault. Nick

Comments

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    Options

I'm curious about this as well.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @nicom and Paco II.

Currently it's not possible to select a secondary vault as the default to unlock and use. It's been requested before and is under consideration, now with your votes added. :)

• jobox
    Options

I would love this functionality as I also have a very similar use case. Until this functionality becomes official, are there any known workarounds?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your interest in this functionality, @jobox. Vote noted. :)

A "workaround" might using System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts to assign vault switching keyboard shortcuts for the main 1Password main app and/or mini if that makes it easier to select your default and other vaults.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I need this functionality as well, consider my vote cast.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JimMc,

Thanks for adding your vote here :)

• McGoose
    McGoose
    Community Member
    Options

Vote me as well!

• stsanford
    stsanford
    Community Member
    Options

Please consider doing this. I, too, would appreciate this feature. :-)

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I've added your votes. :)

• CharlesJenkins
    CharlesJenkins
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote, too. I divided everything up into work-related, personal, and web-related vaults, and kept 1Password's primary vault empty.

I'd like to be able to select my personal vault as the default on my phone; my work-related vault as the default at work.

I'm posting this request in the Mac version forum, but I hope you'll simultaneously add the feature to the iOS version as well. The iPhone version forgets the vault I'm working with whenever it auto-locks, so it's always guaranteed to open in the wrong place, sometimes more than once before I'm done using it.

It was the vault functionality which persuaded me to upgrade in the first place, so I hope you'll make vaults more convenient to work with.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CharlesJenkins‌

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here! :)

This discussion has been closed.