"Dropbox is not installed, Dropbox app is running" [Resolved]

Options
SteveSalt
SteveSalt
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

updated to updated 1p 4.3 on iMac (home) and tower (work) both Mavericks.
Drop box is working with tower and iphone 5s through dropbox.

noticed iMac was not the latest information in the vault. looked at sync preferences in 1P and it says "Dropbox is not installed, Dropbox app is running"... um. how is that possible?

iMac refuses to update vault even though it's targeting the same 1p keychain in dropbox.

Dropbox is 2.6.2 version

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There was a Dropbox outage yesterday. Could that be the source of your troubles?

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member
    Options

not unless it's still this not working this morning.

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member
    Options

it's more like 1p isn't recognizing dropbox is installed.

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member
    Options

Got it.
    Dropbox wasn't in the Applications folder.

but in order to get things to work again, i had to create a New Vault, then select the agilekeychain in dropbox. seems to sync now, at least from iPhone to iMac (home). Saturday, not at work. we'll see monday.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SteveSalt,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having troubles with Dropbox - please let us know if you got it all sorted out! If you're still having difficulties, we'd be happy to help :)

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member
    Options

i think i finally do. i ended up having to do a backup of one machine, copy the keychain to the other, delete everything, restore, and set to the proper keychain. it's been a nerve-wracking week of did-this-new-password-get-synced-across-all-devices and backups. I think it is now. I'll be sure to let you know otherwise.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SteveSalt,

I've got my fingers crossed that things continue to behave smoothly for you after that nerve-wracking week, but we're here if you need us!

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, everything has been running smooth!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SteveSalt,

Thanks for checking in and letting us know things are running smoothly - I'm so glad to hear that! Since everything is resolved here, I'll close this thread. If you hit any other snags though, don't hesitate to open a new topic, we're always here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.