Initial Sync took over 10 min (2,045 items)

Options
cborgia
cborgia
Community Member

Not sure if this is expected behavior, seems a bit long to me.

After initial launch of the beta, and selection to sync with dropbox, the welcome screen that shows "syncing item x of x" was displayed for about 11 min before the app's main activity was displayed.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @cborgia! This is a common question we have been getting lately.

The very first sync takes a little longer since it downloads all of your items and included attachments. It also comes down to the size of your data file (keychain), device hardware and network speed. I would recommend using WiFi to sync your items if you have a large data file with a lot of attachments.

It took us about 9 minutes to sync 3099 items which was about 60MB in size on a Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013) - including several attachments. We have been improving our sync algorithm ever since the first beta, and of course, we will continue to improve it for better speed.

• cborgia
    cborgia
    Community Member
    Options

Good to know, just wanted to alert you in case you hadn't experienced that yet.

• saad
    Options

Thank you! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a nice weekend! :)

• abriancon
    abriancon
    Community Member
    Options

i have 700 items and nothing synching after 15 min. I have to way to check whether the new installation is picking anything at all from the iCloud data. What test can i use to check if this not working or just working slo.

• @abriancon At the moment, Apple does not support iCloud access from third-party platforms. Until Apple provides that support, we can't offer iCloud sync on Android devices. The only cloud syncing solution that is supported in the Android beta currently is Dropbox. If you are interested in migrating your keychain to Dropbox in order to take advantage of this, there are some excellent user guides available here.

This discussion has been closed.