Copy part of a note

Options
ckellsworth
ckellsworth
Community Member

I have information stored in the notes part of a login or secure note. I would like to be able to quickly select that part of the note and then copy it instead of having to go into full edit mode on the note.

Comments

• Copying a note can be accomplished by long-pressing on the note field (in a login item you must tap to view the note first). It sounds to me like you might only want to copy a portion of the note though. Is that correct? If that is the case, currently the only way to do that is to go into edit mode. Let me know though and I can always mention it to our development team as a feature request.

• abaker
    abaker
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to be able to copy a portion of a note without going into edit mode

• I will add this as a feature request. Thanks for the feedback!

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    I store multiple data in notes such as FTP credentials, server access … and going to edit to pick up single line element is kind of dangerous as not only copy, I can delete any data by mistake where I just want to copy a single element.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I store multiple data in notes such as FTP credentials, server access … and going to edit to pick up single line element is kind of dangerous as not only copy, I can delete any data by mistake where I just want to copy a single element.

Silly question but why not just use the "FTP Account" and "Server" item types for this?
    That said, 1P for Android seems to display these types as logins (bug there for @mverde) but they are still functional and fields can be copied without entering edit mode.

• shinew7911
    shinew7911
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for portion copy from secure note, still not available from the latest beta I've tested.

• mverde
    Options

@RichardPayne‌ The FTP Account type is an old item type that we no longer treat as separate from Login items in 1Password 4. Servers are still a distinct item type, however. When I create a new Server item in 1Password 4 on Mac and then sync with 1Password 4 on Android, I see a distinct Server item rather than a Login item. Could you try this on your devices and let me know what you see?

This discussion has been closed.