Adding an entry - details lost on app switching

Options
jchlu
jchlu
Community Member

The first attempt to add an entry in the beta was for this forum.
I entered some fields, used the password creator and copied the result, switched to a browser, pasted my new password in the registration page and switched back - at this stage the entry had not been saved.
The details I had entered were lost and the switch cleared my clipboard, so now I Have no record of my password.
I understand the clearing of the clipboard is presumably to avoid pasting of the master password, but the app switch not saving new entries by default I would consider a bug.
Johnny.

Comments

• At the moment, switching to another app from 1Password beta causes any unsaved entries to be lost. This requires the following workflow:

1. Create new login item in 1Password.
    2. Switch to browser.
    3. Copy attribute from browser (eg. username, password, URL).
    4. Switch to 1Password.
    5. Tap edit for login item.
    6. Paste attribute in login item.
    7. Save login item.
    8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 for each additional attribute.

This is obviously very tedious and not at all convenient. In the short term, we are treating the clearing of unsaved entries as a bug and are working to fix it. In the long term, we will be working on smoothing out the process of creating new items and trying to make it as convenient as possible. Thank you for your feedback and for your patience as we work to improve the beta.

This discussion has been closed.