[feature request] Let me handle sync (or: where's the keychain?)

sbreit
sbreit
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I used to sync my 1Password instances via Dropbox, but I don't want to use Dropbox any more.

I have a WebDAV server that I use to sync my data. I'm using 1Password on Mac, Windows, Android and iOS.

I have a service that handles the sync on Mac and Windows and also an app on Android that can sync my keychain from WebDAV to my Android phone's file system. I just point the 1Password app to the keychain and that's it. Works like a charm!

I would also like to use this feature with the new 1Password (4, beta). If I'd knew where the keychain was located I could even use the same workflow, but unfortunately I couldn't find it. If 1Password beta would let me choose the location that would work too.

Please, Agilebits, let us use our own means of sync, just as in the old version. Don't force us to use Dropbox for OTA sync!

Thanks in advance

Steffen

Comments

• Hi Steffen,

You are not alone in making this request. In fact, it is probably the most popular request right now. Our development team is currently looking at ways to expand the sync options that we are offering. I will certainly pass on your comments to them. Thank you for your interest, feedback and patience as we continue to work to improve the beta.

• sbreit
    sbreit
    Community Member

Very nice, I'll be looking forward to that!

Kind of off-topic: I'd be glad to see sync via WebDAV on iOS too! ;-)

• @sbreit Because iOS doesn't have the same concept of external storage as Android does, WebDAV support is a trickier problem on that platform. That's not to say that it can't be done, but rather that it would require more development effort on iOS. I will definitely mention the interest in WebDAV support to both teams though! Thanks for the feedback.

This discussion has been closed.