Task Switcher Security Bug

Options
foresme
foresme
Community Member

Let's say I open 1Password, browse to a record and opt to show the password. Then I switch to a different app. If I hit the Task Switcher again I'll see thumbnails of all my running apps. The thumbnail for 1Password shows the password so anybody who grabs the device will be able to see that password.

That makes sense if I haven't set it up to lock but if I have auto lock set up it doesn't obscure the screen until I tap the thumbnail and bring it back to the front. That's too late. That should probably show up when I send 1Password to the background so the thumbnail is of the Master Password login or the Quick Access login.

Comments

• Thank you for taking the time to report this. Fortunately, this is not a bug or something that we overlooked. I've provided a brief explanation of this in our known issues thread. Let me know if you have any questions about this or if you see any other behaviour in the app that doesn't make sense to you.

• foresme
    foresme
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, yes. Makes sense. Sorry for missing that. Thanks for taking the time to re-respond. ; )

• You're welcome! Let us know if you encounter any other issues.

This discussion has been closed.