cannot show photo attachment

pairojn
pairojn
Community Member

Hi,
b9 build20140124, in samsung galaxy note3 4.4.2 KitKat
cannot show photo attachment

Comments

• Attachment support in the 1Password beta on Android is currently limited to viewing attachments. We have not yet added the ability to add attachments in Android. If this is what you are trying to do, stay tuned for future beta updates.

If you are trying to view an attachment that is already in a keychain that you are syncing with Dropbox, could you tell me what kind of item holds the attachment (login, secure note, etc)?

• pairojn
    pairojn
    Community Member

wallet (credit cards, driver licencess) and Identities in PC

• pairojn
    pairojn
    Community Member

I just found that, HP ePrint in android device can viewing and printing photo attachment via Wi-Fi office.

• That's awesome! :) So, are you able to see all of your photo attachments in 1Password now?

• pairojn
    pairojn
    Community Member

use Hp ePrint can viewing all Photo attachment, but my printer is HP laserJet P1102w can see only black and white preview color in my device before printing.

• Interesting! Well, I am glad you're able to view and print your photo attachments. Thanks for the update and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

My apologies if this a known or fixed issue.

I'm unable to view several photo attachments. I'm syncing via Dropbox. One is a jpg in the Passwords category and one a png in the Login category. My choices for a viewer when I click on the image filename are HTML Viewer, Quickoffice and ES File Explorer. Other than HTML Viewer, which I can't seem to induce as an option via other apps, display these file types correctly. The Quickoffice window simply shows the raw data characters of the file. The HTML Viewer window shows the following:

Webpage not available

The webpage at content://com.android.htmlfileprovider//storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.onepassword/cache/temp/.png?text/plain might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Note the "?text/plain" at the end of the URL.

Suggestions:

• Make sure you have a data connection
    • Reload this webpage later
    • Check the address you entered

Version 4.0.0b17 (Build 20140506) (19) Droid Razr M Android 4.1.2 1GB RAM 8GB ROM

Let me know if I can provide any further information or testing.

Cheers,
    Steve

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

CORRECTION to above post:

I used angle brackets to delimit the file name which removed the name from the post. The web address is:

content://com.android.htmlfileprovider//storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.onepassword/cache/temp/filename.png?text/plain

NOTE: This problem may be restricted to my device, which is not offering the proper viewer for the image files.

• Hi Steve,

Normally you should be able to open the attached image file. For example, I am able to use HTML Viewer to view the image attachments on my vault items. Could I get you to check a couple of things?

1. Is this happening with all of your image attachments?
    2. Are you able to open the attached image in a desktop version of 1Password?
    3. Does the problem continue if you remove the attachment and reattach it in a desktop version of 1Password?

Cheers,
    Michael

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

Hi Michael,

Is this happening with all of your image attachments? Yes

Are you able to open the attached image in a desktop version of 1Password? Yes

Does the problem continue if you remove the attachment and reattach it in a desktop version of 1Password? Haven't tried yet

From the HTML encoded filenames in the HTML Viewer error message I noticed that all of my attached images had at least one space in the filename. So I created two new 1P Identities, the first has an attached image file with no spaces, the second image is the same but has been renamed to include one space. Image is a jpg file.

When I select to view the image with the space in the filename I get the same viewer options: HTML Viewer, ES Note Editor and Quickoffice. As I reported, the HTML Viewer displays the error shown in the earlier post and Quickoffice shows raw data characters.

When I select to view the image with no spaces in the filename I get different viewer options: Gallery, Epson iPrint and ES Image Browser. If I select the Gallery app or the ES Image Browser the image is displayed as expected.

BUT... if I try to view the image without embedded spaces a second time, with either Gallery or ES Image Browser, I get the error "Error occurred -
    Please report this error so that we may assist you". I have to power/restart the phone to clear this error. 1Password runs normally after the error - no other symptoms. I can view images in Gallery and via ES File Explorer outside of 1Password after getting the error in 1P (before restarting phone).

Android bug? Well the embedded space / viewer offering would seem to be. But the error on the second view attempt isn't clear.

Let me know if you have any test/debug suggestions.

Regards,
    Steve

Version 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513) / Droid Razr M / Android 4.1.2

• Hi Steve,

That is exactly the kind of detail I was hoping for. At this point, I can't say whether this is a bug in 1Password or a bug in Android. Some further investigation is required. Once we have a chance to look into this further, I will definitely let you know if we have any additional test/debug suggestions. Thanks for the excellent response!

Cheers,
    Michael

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

Hi Michael,

Update using b19: Pretty much the same symptoms except that I can now view the image with spaces embedded in the filename. But whether the filename has no spaces or one space, after I view an image and select the "return" (hardware) key 1P exits.

Version 4.0.0b19 (Build 20140603) (21) / Droid Razr M / Android 4.4.2

• @ag1pwun We've made some changes to attachment handling in 4.0.1b1. You probably received a newsletter about the new beta a few days ago. If you haven't already, could you try the new beta to see if it resolves the issues that you were experiencing previously?

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

Michael,

With 4.0.1b1 the symptoms are the same. View the image attachment (no spaces in filename), press the Android 'return' key and 1P "logs out", displaying the initial login screen. 1P does not exit, which I mistakenly reported above.

Regards,
    Steve

Droid Razr M / Android 4.4.2

• Hi Steve,

I was under the mistaken impression that the app was exiting because of a crash. Given that this is not the case, the app locking is an expected behaviour. The capability for viewing attachments is provided by third-party applications. As a result, when you tap on an attachment to view it, you are actually leaving 1Password and switching to another application. If you have "Lock on Exit" enabled, this will result in 1Password being locked when you return to the app. I hope that explanation helps.

Cheers,
    Michael

This discussion has been closed.