First sync leaves app unlocked

Tom Insam
Tom Insam
Community Member

I'm syncing with Dropbox, and the initial sync asks for my master password, then takes some time. Which is fine. But when the sync finishes, the app immediately drops into my favorites list, and doesn't need me to enter my master password again.

Given how long it's been since I first put in the password, and that I may have walked away from the syncing phone, maybe you should ask for the master password after the sync is complete, not before. Or both, if that's not possible.

Comments

• Tom Insam
    Tom Insam
    Community Member

followup - it does this even if you navigate away and do something else - not just if you leave the "syncing.." page open. So there's the potential to leave your account entirely unlocked and forgotten about for some considerable time.

• I was able to reproduce this on my device. This may be something that we already have on our "todo list" of features we plan to implement, but I will mention it to our development team anyway, just to be safe. Given that really large keychains can take a while to sync, it is definitely possible that a user would have walked away and left the phone unattended at some point during the sync operation. We definitely want to make sure that their data is safe in this case. Thanks for pointing this out.

This discussion has been closed.