New sync engine?

Options
gizmoms
gizmoms
Community Member

It seems like that the Android version is way faster than the current iOS version. That is at least my perception. It also handles low bandwidth situations very well during syncs. My initial Dropbox sync was with cellular while going to several tunnels. And it finished fine which was kind of surprising.

If this is a new sync engine or improved sync engine, I do hope it will be in the iOS app soon.

I had to login twice for Dropbox and twice into 1Password with the beta before 4.0.0b9 which I found strange. Any ideas how to retest the initial setup?

(4.0.0.b9 version on Galaxy SIII Android 4.2)

Comments

• I'm glad that you are finding the sync to be fast in the latest version of 1Password beta. There were several improvements made to Dropbox syncing leading up to beta 9 which may account for this. You can be sure that the Android development team will share any improvements they've made with the other 1Password development teams.

I'm not clear what you mean by "retest the initial setup"? Are you referring to testing a previous version of the beta or testing the Dropbox setup process again?

• gizmoms
    gizmoms
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the late reply. I would like to retest the Dropbox setup process again as I had to login twice to Dropbox which I did not expect to do.

• saad
    edited February 2014
    Options

To go back to the initial setup screen, you will need to reset all of your data and settings for 1Password Beta. It's basically like starting with a fresh installation of the beta. If you are interested in doing this, here's what you need to do:

This will remove all of your data on your device, please make sure to manually store any new items you added on Android that have not synced over to your other devices.

• Go into Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

You can now launch 1Password on your Android device and continue through the initial set up screen to connect your vault from Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.