Generated password missing

Options
jaked.902
jaked.902
Community Member

I just had to reset my password for Thingiverse.com as their site was suddenly rejecting the credentials I had been using via 1P since April 2013. I began the reset process, and generated a new pass using the generator via the Safari plugin. I saw the popup from 1P to update the existing entry, I chose yes. I was then logged in to the site. I always then check the existing entry to ensure it has been updated accurately, and for the first time I recall, it was not. I then checked the "generated passwords" list, sorting first by creation date and then by name, nothing there either, most recent generated password is November 2013.

This is obviously very disconcerting. I'm using Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) on OS X 10.9.1 13B42, 1P version 4.1.2 (412009)

Is it possible there is corruption in my 1P keychain?

Comments

• jaked.902
    jaked.902
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jaked.902,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with generated passwords lately. We did have a bug in 4.1 where 1Password was not correctly updating Logins when a password was changed. Do you recall if you made this update to your Thingverse account when you were using version 4.1 or 4.1.2? Unfortunately, there is no way to recover this password, but you shouldn't see this issue again.

If you do see it again, however, please let us know immediately and we'll do some further investigating!

This discussion has been closed.