Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

System Info

Browser: Firefox 26.0

Addblock Plus 2.4.1

1Password4 Version 4.1.3 (413002)

1Password4 Firefox Browser Add-On 4.0.1

Issue

With Addblock Plus enabled, filing of password fields from 1Password Mini or the full application does not work. 1Pass will open the browser window to the correct page but never fill the user/password fields. Additionally, FireFox does not pass the web-page information to 1Password Mini so that 1Password Mini is not able to provide a list of login matches based on the domain.

Possible Resolution

Purely a guess, but I imagine that if I white-list all domains that are stored in 1Password, FF25 and 1Password 4 will be able to communicate. I have not yet tried this.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Hmm, that's very odd. I'm using the same set up as you with only two differences. I'm on 1P4 beta 4.2.BETA-2 and my Firefox extension is 4.1.0.b2. I do not experience the problems you mention (and, in fact, have never had problems like that with 1P4 which were linked to Adblock Plus).

I assume when you say "with Adblock Plus enabled" it means you've tried with it disabled and everything works: is that right? I'm guessing there are quite few others here with similar set ups to ours and it seems strange no previous problem with Adblock Plus has been mentioned. In that context this is merely a stab in the dark, but have you tried rebooting the Mac?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brian_ssc,

AdBlock Plus can potentially cause trouble with the communication between the main app and the Mini. However, the default settings of AdBlock Plus should allow for 1Password to communicate just fine.

Have you changed any settings?

I'm also curious to know if, as @Stephen_C asks, things work with AdBlock Plus disabled.

• brian_ssc
    brian_ssc
    Community Member

Hi Stephen,
    I rebooted the mac, Ran cocktail, cleared all browser history/cache and still nothing. In fact it took me a while to figure out that the issue was caused by 1Password.

Hi Megan,
    I have not changed any settings on AdBlock Plus. It is in its default configuration state. When AdBlock Plus is disabled all works well. I currently have it disabled but installed for FF26. I just updated to FF27 and have the same issue.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @brian_ssc.

Please give this a try in this order and see if it makes any difference:

• Run Firefox and disable AdBlock Plus.
    • Restart 1Password mini.
    • Run Firefox again and test the 1P4 extension/mini (you'll need to unlock first).
    • Re-enable AdBlock Plus and retest the 1P4 extension/mini.

If you're still having problems after that please send a Diagnostics Report and we'll help get this sorted out through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• brian_ssc
    brian_ssc
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the steps you outlined but it did not resolve the problem. I have submitted the diagnostics report to support+forum.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

We've received your email with the report, @brian_ssc -- thanks! Someone will reply as soon as possible to help you get this resolved.

This discussion has been closed.