Cannot Connect to iCloud Vault

Options
evermorian
evermorian
Community Member

I am trying to connect a new Mac to an existing 1Password database on iCloud. I created a new account on the Mac and, signed in to iCloud.

When I launch 1Password 4 and tell it "I've used 1Password before," then tick the iCloud radio button, it tells me "iCloud is not enabled on this Mac." Clicking the "Enable iCloud" button opens the iCloud pane in System Preferences, which shows me logged in to my iCloud account.

Clicking the Manage button gets me a list of what's on iCloud storage, where I can a "onepassword" item.

It has had about four hours to sync (~18G of data on a fast connection), now and, is not showing anything spinning or loading.

I have tried signing out, letting it delete everything then, signing back in, to no avail.

How do I get 1Password to connect to the database? Is there some other way I retrieve that database (e.g., download it to be a local file)?

Comments

• Hi @evermorian,

Do you have Documents & Data enabled under the iCloud preferences?

• evermorian
    evermorian
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have Documents & Data enabled.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @evermorian,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password set up here! Let's try this:

• Disable 'Documents and Data' in your iCloud settings
    • Reboot your system
    • Re-enable 'Documents and Data' in iCloud
    • Wait 20 minutes ... or more :)
    • Can 1Password see your data now?
  • evermorian
    evermorian
    Community Member
    Options

No.

I followed your directions, including waiting ~5 hours for the "or more." I still get the same result: 1Password claims that iCloud is not enabled (when it is). Clicking the "Enable iCloud" button just opens the System Preferences pane showing that, yes, iCloud is enabled. iCloud works for other things on the same machine.

One of our techs was able to recover three .blob2 files, a OnePassword.sqlite file and a OnePassword.sqlite-shm file from the iCloud cache on the old machine. Is there some way to use those to recover the 1Password database?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @evermorian,

I'm so sorry to hear this is still giving you trouble. I've got one more quick trick to try before we need to take a closer look at things.

• Disable Documents and Data in System Preferences > iCloud
    • Restart the computer
    • Enable Documents and Data
    • Wait 10 minutes for it all to re-sync

If 1Password still refuses to acknowledge iCloud's existence, we'll need to take a peek inside your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.