1Password 4.2.1 doesn't conceal passwords, they are always clear and unhidden

Options
Tyrexionibus
Tyrexionibus
Community Member

Hello,

I'm on 1Password 4.2.1, OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 .

When I start 1Password, passwords are in clear form (not hidden). When I try to click on them, there is the «Reveal» option, but they are actually revealed!

Then I click on «Conceal» to hide them, but nothing happens: they are still in clear form.

This issue didn't appear in the very first days of 1Password 4.2.1, but now it's a real problem for me. Everyone could see my passwords if it was near my Mac and I opened and unlocked 1Password.

The 1Password extension for Firefox doesn't hide them too.

How can I solve this?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you checked the option in the /view zebu to conceal passwords? Just checking.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think @hawkmoth is referring to the View menu option. (Apologies if that was already clear!)

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C, Argh, yes, that is what I meant. I got a new keyboard yesterday. That's my excuse. Of course, it doesn't mean I should stop proof reading! ;)

• Tyrexionibus
    Tyrexionibus
    Community Member
    Options

The Conceal menu feature has solved the issue, thank you!

But I think I've discovered a bug!
    If passwords are unhidden "globally" (in other words, if the Conceal feature is not enabled in the menu) 1Password 4.2.1 still shows the option "Reveal" on the passwords that are on the right, even if they're already clear.
    Moreover, if you click on "Conceal" on the password, it will not be hidden.
    This method (Reveal/Hide) works only if Conceal is activated on the View menu.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

1Password 4.2.1 still shows the option "Reveal" on the passwords that are on the right, even if they're already clear.

Thanks for mentioning this, @Tyrexionibus! I have passed this along to the developers.

Another tip that it appears @1Password already shared on Twitter is holding down the Option key. :)

@Tyrexionibus You can also keep that setting enabled but hold the Option key on your keyboard to *temporarily* reveal a password.

— 1Password (@1Password) February 2, 2014
This discussion has been closed.