Could not find 1Password information on iCloud [moved to email]

Options
Blond
Blond
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Andrew at Agilebits suggested I make another user account on my Mac to test iCloud syncing. I did this and the message 1 Password gives is "Could not find 1Password information on iCloud".

The whole point of using iCloud sync is to have an off site backup of the most important data I have.

So far 1Password has failed to deliver.
How do I get a refund for the App Store purchase?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not an expert on iCloud sync issues with 1Password, since I've never had any trouble. However, I can comment that the only way to get a refund for a purchase from the App Store is to contact Apple and persuade them to issue one. That is true for any application, not just this one.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Blond,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such trouble with iCloud. I completely understand wanting to have your password database safely backed up. @hawkmoth is right about refunds from the Mac App Store - it must be done directly via Apple (they don't give us access to their purchase records.)

However, if you would like a bit more help getting sync set up and working properly, I'd be happy to help! Please let me know :)

• Blond
    Blond
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I've asked for help by email several times and got very little, if you can help it would be good.

I sent in a diagnostics report yesterday as you suggested and will await a response. So far I have not been impressed with the email responses from the Agilebits team, maybe being under pressure spreads the help a little thin.

If Agilebits can do nothing to get 1Pasword functioning for me I will pursue Apple for a refund.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Blond,

Thanks so much for your patience here! Believe me, I understand how frustrating this must be. I've shared your email with one of our tech gurus, and he should get back to you very shortly.

I very much appreciate you giving us a second chance here. We have had a few hiccups related to syncing since the launch of 1Password 4, but our developers have been working hard to squash all of the bugs, and things should be behaving properly (for the most part) now. I'm confident that once we get the details ironed out for you, syncing should be smooth and automatic. :)

• Blond
    Blond
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan,

I've just received an email from Kyle. He has indicated why I get two instances of 1Password in iCloud system preferences but no advice or help to get this problem sorted.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please reply to Kyle's email. We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

This discussion has been closed.