Upgrade to V4 deleted all data - need help safely getting data sync working again

Options
toffor
toffor
Community Member

I had 1 Password wifi syncing working well between Macs, iPads and iPhones until i upgraded to 1Password V4, which deleted all password data on my mac (OS10.8). Since then I haven't been able to work out how to reinstate syncing without risking deleting data on the iOS devices - (which still have the full set of passwords) since the problem Mac has no data at all - that is, syncing to 0 data.
Can someone please recommend the safest way to get the 1password data into V4 on the mac so I can then reinstate syncing? There doesn't seem to be any way to import data from an iOS backup and the manual assumes the sync is going the other way, from an existing 1password installation on mac to a new iOS device. I'm happy to use dropbox sync for 1password and already have dropbox syncing on all devices.
Thanks,

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @toffor.

I'm sorry to hear your 1Password data has gone missing on your Mac after the 1Password 4 upgrade. So we can help you ensure it gets recovered correctly please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.