Invalid Master Password (2 Keychain Files)

guardianfx
guardianfx
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Android

1Password - 4.0.0.b9
Dropbox - 2.3.12.10

I open 1Password, select that I am a dropbox user. Navigate to my Dropbox "apps" folder which contains two keychains files. I select keychain A and enter my password.

Incorrect.

On a hunch I enter the password for keychain B. Turns out that even though I selected keychain A, it actually loaded keychain B. This is probably a bug that should be looked at.

On a side note. Having 1Password have access to my ENTIRE Dropbox account is unacceptable. Most apps that link to Dropbox put their app data into the "apps" folder in the root of their Dropbox. I understand that you need full access in order to browse for the correct keychain, but this is why we have standards. You should only need access to the "apps" folder on my Dropbox.

Screenshot

Comments

• I am going to refer the two keychain matter to our development team. That definitely sounds like an issue that we want to investigate. Thank you for bringing that to our attention!

Regarding Dropbox permissions, the short answer is that the keychain could be anywhere within your Dropbox folder. Requesting full access to Dropbox allows us to find the keychain in order to sync with it. The long answer is provided in our user guide on 1Password Security. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.