Beta bugs and issues - app login, quick pass and no copy & paste

Options
matejay
matejay
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Android

Hi guys, good wok with the app so far... still a bit to go :)

Here are a few bugs I've encountered so far:
• Starting the app, I'm always prompted to type in my master password, even though I set up the quick pass.
• The app login is inconsistent. Sometimes I'm asked for 1 master password, sometime I have to type it in 2x and even get 2x the unlocking animation and sometimes I get a triple combo of 2 master passwords and a quick password just to get in
• The landing screen with "Categories" has a typo in it saying "orgianized" instead of "organized"
• Tried putting in some data and I was actually unable to paste in information from a TXT document into a "Membership" entry

That's it so far, will update the list once I find more stuff.

Comments

• mfc007
    mfc007
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I loaded the app on my galaxy s4 running 4.3.3 and is not letting mi sync my dropbox at all !!

• saad
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hey @matejay. I’m really sorry about the problems you’re experiencing with 1Password Beta. I have a couple of questions for you that will help us investigate further:

• What device are you using?

• Is your device rooted? If so, are you using a custom ROM?

• Have you tried rebooting your Android device? Does it help? Or are you still prompted to enter your master password multiple times.

Thanks for finding the typo, I'll pass this on to our developers. :)

Lastly, I can understand the frustration from being unable to copy text into 1Password. This is something we have been talking about very closely with our designers and developers. There is always a right balance between convenience and security.

As a temporary workaround for this issue, you can go into Settings -> Security and turn off 'Lock on Exit'. This will keep your vault unlocked when you switch between applications on your device. The locking mechanism clears your clipboard when you return back to 1Password. Since auto-locking is now disabled, you will be able to copy text into 1Password without losing any content in your clipboard. Remember to enable 'Lock on Exit' when you're done with copying into 1Password.

• Hi @mfc007. What error messages are you receiving exactly? If you are able to see the sync log, please send us a copy within 1Password Beta.

• matejay
    matejay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Saad, I'm on a nexus 5 with stock android 4.4.2, no rooting.

Your trick with the lock on exit switched off toballow copy & paste worked, thanks, but that creates another bug as I was able to copy & paste even before, just not in all categories (membership didn't work, passport did etc.)

And restarting the phone didn't solve the random full master password / quick pass combo random sequence generator :)

• @matejay, are you still experiencing the problem with being asked for your master password and/or quick unlock code multiple times when you launch the app? Could you tell me which version of the beta you are currently running on your Nexus 5?

This discussion has been closed.