"database disk image is malformed" error message [resolved; restored database backup]

Options
nonsavant
nonsavant
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

When trying to save a secure note in 1Password4, a pop up appears containing the message "database disk image is malformed". The note doesn't get saved. Other functionality appears unaffected.

Mac OS 10.8.5
1Password 4.1.3 (413002)

I was on the beta update path until this morning, when I downloaded the 'normal'(?) version from the website, deleted existing version and copied downloaded version into Applications. Don't know if that's related... confusingly, 1Password just prompted me to update to another beta version.

In case it's also related, I'm storing the database in Dropbox and syncing with iPad and iPhone.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I can't answer your main questions (sorry) but if you want to avoid being asked to update to beta versions go to 1P4 Preferences > Updates and make sure Include beta builds is not checked.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @nonsavant.

I'm sorry 1Password 4 is failing to save a Secure Note item and giving you an error. We've received your email about this, plus the Diagnostics Report. It looks like your 1P4 database is damaged. We'll help you resolve the problem through email so we're not getting wires crossed between here and there. Thanks!

• nonsavant
    nonsavant
    Community Member
    Options

Sorted, thank you :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @nonsavant. :)

This discussion has been closed.