4.5B30 expired

Options
sentience
sentience
Community Member
edited February 2014 in iOS

I thought it had been awhile since the last beta release, but as of today I can no longer use 1Password beta because 4.5B30 has expired. Is a new release coming today, or should we testers all switch back to the current release version and wait for word that the beta programme has resumed?

Comments

• yvesluther
    yvesluther
    Community Member
    Options

Hit by the same problem. Please advise.

• hrabacik
    hrabacik
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here :/

• Good morning folks!

Sorry for the trouble with the expired beta. We're working on getting a new beta out as soon as possible, but in the mean time you'll have to revert back to using the App Store version.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• yvesluther
    yvesluther
    Community Member
    Options

In general I was happy with the gap between the last betas – not updating every day has its benefits. Maybe you add a few days to the expiration interval next time. :)>-

• cjtacoma
    cjtacoma
    Community Member
    Options

Thank Michael, as always, appreciate you guys being so responsive! Looking forward to the next Beta build.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

SUGGESTION: I discovered this issue today while I was out and about. No worries, go to the app store and download the regular version...but I had to go through the setup stuff, like syncing, even though it was going to just use the database that's already on the device. I had to wait several hours to get back to my computer so I could turn on wifi sync, get the secret, enter it into my mobiles, and then it asked for the master password for the vault on the devices.

So: it would be nice if 1P, when it starts "for the first time" checks to see if there is a vault/db on the device already and just allows me to enter the credentials for that instead of the hours of delay I went through.

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if that's possible due to sandboxing restrictions in iOS. To avoid exactly the problem you had, I have been keeping the App Store version of 1Password installed on my devices as a back up.

• Good morning @huffalumpy,

I'm sorry that you were left high and drive without your vault for a few hours due to the expired beta. Unfortunately what @skylarp said is correct: due to sandboxing restrictions on iOS we actually cannot get at the vault already on your device. Given the potential volatility of beta software it's always a good idea to keep the shipping version of an app on your device so you have a fallback. I realize that advice doesn't help you now unless I lend you the AgileBits time machine, but hopefully it will help you out going forward. On our end we will try to be more cognizant of our expiring betas so we don't leave you, our awesome testers, in the lurch.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.